Do you ever have to remind yourself that you love your kids? Don't get me wrong...I always do love them...but sometimes I have to consciously make an effort to remember that I do. For instance, I had to remind myself at lunch when Caleb was dinking around instead of eating like he'd been reminded numerous times. Lunch time is probably the most high stress part of my day, I have to feed 7 kids a (usually) healthy meal and then get them all loaded into the van to get the 2 Kindergarteners to school by 12:30. He apparently found something funny and laughed, unfortunately he had a mouthful of milk and learned about the interesting phenomenon of milk coming forcefully out of the nose...all over his sister. Poor Grace, I've never seen that look on her face...the face splattered with siphoned milk. He was so shocked and I'm sorry to say that I didn't immediately see the humor in the situation, he ended up in time out.
I also have had to remind myself every time I hit the "k" key on my laptop...Caleb and Karlee pried it off while I was doing the dishes a little while ago. "Why...WHY?" Seriously, do they look at each other and say, "I think it would be a good idea to see what happens if we choose a key to remove from the keyboard, let's start with 'K'." I reattached it, but it's not quite right. I suppose it could have been worse, after all, how often do you use the letter "k"? Answer: More often than you thin.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
We feel your pain. For us it was the left side Shift key and to this day it still isn't the same. Nowadays I sit the kids at the table, attach a mouse to the laptop, and let them use only the mouse with the laptop itself remaining out of reach.
Milk coming out of Caleb's nose reminds me of a joke. 'When cow's laugh, does milk come out of their noses?' That was it, it's over now...laugh.
That is funny, not the stress part, but the milk part is hilarious! I can just imagine what that looked like, I laughed the entire time reading and writing this :) See you Saturday I think atleast :)
I'm sorry...but the milk story is funny. Isn't it great that you can at least look back on it and laugh? And yes, I think everyone has to remind themselves at one time or another that you DO love your kids. :)
I love the "Why...WHY?" I'm not there yet, but am soon to follow! ;)
Keep it up Erin- they need you specifically as their mother!
I can still remember quite clearly the day Luke and Savannah conspired against us and took the shift key off our brand new laptop. I was devastated! As for the milk episode, I wish I could have seen that. I did the same thing to my best friend. Caleb would have made me proud. I am sorry that sweet Grace was the recipient!
Post a Comment