This morning as we laid in bed, groggy but awake and reluctant to get up and officially start the day, we gradually became aware of whispering and planning from the kitchen. The kids were obviously concocting some crazy scheme. They marched into the bedroom a few minutes later carrying a wire basket filled with granola bars, peanut butter sandwich crackers, a can of mandarin oranges, a can opener, a tin of breath mints and a Twizzler...just one, "You're going to have to split it." Caleb informed us. Breakfast in bed! They were so excited, Grace commented, "You're going to have the time of your life!" They poured us milk (without spilling!) and shared the spoils. It was one of those "moments," one carefully recorded and tucked away in my mind to recall when they're much, much taller. Each day is filled with these moments, it's just that not all of them seem like "moments" at the time. Like a few minutes ago, when Karlee began crying at the top of her lungs. I clumped into the living room, fully prepared to scold and discipline some child for something. "What happened?!" The kids around her gave me blank stares, and Karlee wailed, "I bit my finger!" A little incredulous, I asked, "How did that happen?"
"With my teeth!" she sobbed. Well...duh!
Friday, April 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
I can easily see your children making you breakfast in bed, but I think you're embellishing the part about them not spilling...that's impossible! I also don't believe the part about Karlee crying, this too is a stretch. Everyone knows your children are perfect like ours. Why do you make stuff up like that? ;)
That is really cute! That is one for a journal huh?
Karlee did that while I was on the phone with you... I thought it was so funny, mean Aunt, I know, to laugh at that. But it was funny to hear her say it.
Thank you about my blog and yes he took a VERY good nap! He is getting much MUCH better :)
You are a wonderful sister, you know!
Post a Comment