Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Give me chocolate!

I made the most amazingly delicious chocolate cake on Sunday, if I do say so myself! It was decadently rich and so, so yummy. It was the perfect fix for an "I NEED chocolate or I'm going to...to...JUST GIVE ME CHOCOLATE" day. (Actually, Sunday was a very nice day, but if I ever have one of the other kind of days, this will fix it!) I thought, "I'm probably not the only one who occasionally needs a really good chocolate cake," so I'm sharing the recipe. Seriously, this is the best cake I've ever made; moist, rich, very, very chocolatey. Mmmmm. I need to make another just to make sure it wasn't a fluke. Cake, anyone?

*Note: This was really good just after it was made, but even better the next day!

Triple Chocolate Fudge Cake
1 pkg Devil's Food chocolate cake mix
1 sm pkg chocolate instant pudding (I used choc mint chip)
2 c. milk
2 eggs
1/3 c. flour
1 12 oz pkg semi-sweet chocolate chips
Mix all ingredients for 2 minutes. Pour into a well greased bundt pan. Bake at 350 for 50-55 minutes. Cool in pan for 15 minutes. Turn out onto plate. Top with chocolate ganache (it's harder to say than to make.) Sprinkle with mini chocolate chips before ganache sets.
Ganache
6 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
2 T. butter
Melt in microwave (only about 30 seconds at a time, don't want it to burn...not yummy.) You can drizzle it on, but I like to spread it over the whole cake.

2 comments:

Eric said...

Is Ganache pronounced (gun-atch-ee)? That would be a great name for your next child...boy or girl.
The cake is awesome by the way. Normally I'd give the kids a part of whatever I'm eating if they ask, not so with this cake- it's all about me and the cake.

Kelli said...

Thanks for the great recipe and for helping me with the ganache, which surprisingly, I was able to screw up. This was definitely the best cake I have had!!