November 17, 2010
I was just sitting here today,
First, for the record, we're expecting the sixth and final Brand, AND this child looks to be a MAN child!! Once again, there's a disclaimer due to the early call, but we had 2 ultrasounds on the same day and there was "junk." I was quite prepared and happy for either; for one thing...I know girls, and boys are frankly a little intimidating to me. But to say the kids were excited is the understatement of the century. I have yet to upload the raucous video we took when we delivered the news, but it's ear-splitting. They were jumping up and down and Caleb was screaming, "I'm going to have a brother!! I'm going to have a brother!!" In many ways, I'm relieved. It isn't twins. We don't have to buy a full size van. I can now get rid of the boxes and boxes of baby girl clothes. Caleb can now share a room which greatly increases my chances of someday having a craft room, or a spare room, or an extra freaking closet. This does round out our family quite nicely. Everyone's happy. Caleb says he will "finally have someone to call 'little dude'." And he keeps talking about a "minion" and teaching him to "do eeeeee-vil," it's...a little frightening. I'm due May 6th, which coincidentally, is Brooklyn's birthday, but we'll probably sneak him in the end of April, we'll see. We really are excited, it'll bring a lot of changes to our family besides the obvious. We'll have to move-which is sad and exciting at once. We have loved our 4+ years here. We have made life-long friends and had too many wonderful experiences to even begin to count. But it's small, very small and getting smaller by the day, it seems. When we moved here, we had 3 tiny kids, Karlee was just barely 2. Our family has literally doubled since then. We planned to be here less than a year, and we're so thankful it didn't work out that way, but whether we want to or not, we have to move on. And every time I walk in my kitchen, or my bathroom, or my bedroom, I want to.
Other things of note: Brooklyn, at 18 1/2 months, has yet to walk. I worried about it until she crawled at 1, since then I just think it's sort of funny. She talks a blue streak and is right on target in every other way, she just doesn't want to move...vertically. The doctor actually ordered a physical therapy consult after her last appointment and they came yesterday to do the first part of the evaluation. Wouldn't you know she started standing by herself today. I should have called them MONTHS ago!



1 comment:
Post a Comment