We were invited by some wonderful friends to go to Lake Powell in August, and how can you pass that up? Even though I was somewhat terrified, we made preparations to go. Oh, how glad I am that we did! We stayed in Kanab and traveled to Lake Powell early Saturday morning. I had butterflies all the way there,
but after just a few minutes on the boat and seeing the looks on my kids faces, I knew we were going to have a great day.
Sam waterskied with the best of them...I was impressed!
McKenna was the only one with nerves,
she stayed on shore and at first
wouldn't even go near the water, but she gradually warmed up and by the end of the day,
she was a regular water baby princess.
Brooklyn napped on the beach and Sam took in the scenery.
To put it simply, we had a fabulous day. I don't think I've ever seen my kids enjoy something so much. Grace is completely in love with the lake, she swam, dived, tubed...and was the
My favorite thing about vacations is the lack of everyday distractions. I feel like I really get to be with my family. I get to look into their little faces and listen to their thoughts and experience their joy. It's not that I don't have the same opportunities at home, but it's just...different. 
Finally, we called it a day. We were toasted,
tired,
and completely satisfied that we'd done everything there was to do...well, except cliff jumping. Sam and the boys took a few jumps off this cliff. It didn't look too high from my vantage point in the boat, but it was 25 feet or so to the water; which, apparently, from the top, is a long, long way.
This will not be our last trip to Lake Powell.



No comments:
Post a Comment