Wednesday, June 8, 2011

One year, one move, one baptism, one baby, one heck of a time!!

I am writing this fully aware that NOBODY checks this blog anymore, and why should they?  Seriously neglectful I have been. However, in the interest of making excuses, I must say we've been more than a little busy around here!  About the time of my last post (September 2010), we were presented with a big surprise...we were expecting a baby!! I found out on Labor Day...at Maceys.  Don't ask.  The rest feels like a blink and here I am, with a little Aidan sleeping on the couch next to me.  But there were some crazy things going on in the meantime...

About November we realized we weren't going to be able to buy a house like we'd hoped, but we did have to move before the baby came along.  Though it was hard to think of leaving all we were familiar with, we made plans to go ALL the way...to our backyard.  Almost literally.  Some new twin homes were being built right behind us and were perfect, at least for the time being.  March 1st was the finish date and we eagerly watched through the back windows as things came along.  Meanwhile we enjoyed our first Christmas at home, a job change for Sam in January (back to Zions Bank), and Caleb's baptism in February.  March 1st came and we were all packed and ready to go, but no house.  Finally, one frustratingly long month later on April 1st, we MOVED!!  The whirlwind continued as we frantically tried to get settled before May 10th...D-Day.


Aidan Royce Brand
May 10, 2011
8:39pm 
8 lb 5 oz
21 inches


So you see, there was very little time for blogging.  Ok, that's a lie.  There was time, I just couldn't focus long enough to do it.  (That's a politically correct way of saying, "I was l-a-z-y.")  However, with many of the years major milestones behind us, I'm feeling excited about it again.  Eager to introduce our new little guy and continue adding to what has become our family's journal.

4 comments:

Jenny Richards said...

I still read your blog so keep posting! Although who am I to judge.
Congrats on the new baby.

Jessica Speed said...

What a cutie! Congrats Erin on your beautiful baby boy!

Erin said...

How funny, Jess! We were reading each other's blogs this morning at the same time. Weird... :)

Kathy Christensen said...

I still read your blog. I just never post on my own. Keep posting. I love it all.