My brother, Rich, has been deployed since last September and in Iraq since January of this year. This past Sunday, he finally arrived in Utah, home safe and sound. (After 142 missions searching for and detonating roadside bombs, that's no small feat!) We are so grateful to have him around again...he's always good for a laugh-we've missed that! But we're also grateful for his service, in dangerous conditions, for our nation and on behalf of an infant democracy. He made many sacrifices, personal and professional to serve and we count him among our American heroes! Thank you, as well, to Shari, my awesome sister-in-law, who also made quite a sacrifice and has been such a support to him. We're a pretty lucky family!
He's here!
Meeting Brooklyn for the first time!
I think Aunt Shari's glad he's home!!!
Yep, Sam's still taller...
Rich is reunited with my brother Dan, who came home from
his mission just after Rich left for Iraq.
Our kids have prayed for "Uncle Rich in the military" several times
a day since he left. They were pretty excited to welcome him home!



2 comments:
how did you add that thing at the bottom?! That is so cool " ) I can not wait to see you Saturday! I swear I would go insane if my only sis (by blood of couse) moved farther than you are now. Soo... please never do
Crap! I didn't know about your tree, how sad! Glad it happened when none of the kids or our family were out there! Those apples were soo good! Infact the thing I am making for Grace's Baptism is going to be made with them " )
Post a Comment