Monday was not the best day of my life. I was hassled at Costco, then returned home to find out the carefully planned Kindergarten carpool (aka "the way I'm going to retain my sanity this year...") had all got to pot when the other half found out they were scheduled for morning Kindergarten.) I know, I know, you don't see the big deal, but trust me, it was huge!) I called the school and told them "what for" and then fixed lunch while I waited for the principal to call back. Peanut butter sandwiches. Can't go wrong with peanut butter, right? Wrong. McKenna thought it would be a good idea to open her sandwich and apply it to her face. Sadly, I didn't immediately see the humor and cleaned her up. Then...I gave the sandwich back. Genius. Of course she did it again. This time, I decided to give in to the giggles the other kids were trying to suppress and took the picture. Unfortunately, there was less peanut butter the second go-round, so the mask isn't as impressive, but you get the idea. Oh, and after much "discussing" the principal changed Caleb to mornings too, so in the end, it was a worthwhile day!
Wednesday, August 27, 2008
Woes
Monday was not the best day of my life. I was hassled at Costco, then returned home to find out the carefully planned Kindergarten carpool (aka "the way I'm going to retain my sanity this year...") had all got to pot when the other half found out they were scheduled for morning Kindergarten.) I know, I know, you don't see the big deal, but trust me, it was huge!) I called the school and told them "what for" and then fixed lunch while I waited for the principal to call back. Peanut butter sandwiches. Can't go wrong with peanut butter, right? Wrong. McKenna thought it would be a good idea to open her sandwich and apply it to her face. Sadly, I didn't immediately see the humor and cleaned her up. Then...I gave the sandwich back. Genius. Of course she did it again. This time, I decided to give in to the giggles the other kids were trying to suppress and took the picture. Unfortunately, there was less peanut butter the second go-round, so the mask isn't as impressive, but you get the idea. Oh, and after much "discussing" the principal changed Caleb to mornings too, so in the end, it was a worthwhile day!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
This is how warning labels get started. On my next jar of Jif I'll now be reading "This product not intended for application to the epidermis, nasal passages, or mucus membranes of the eyes. In case of accidental application grab camera."
Ha ha these days come all to often! usually you can get the best pictures though!
The time with your children at home goes by so quickly, doesn't it? I already miss my girls. I love reading your blog by the way! We canned peaches on Sat. and went to the fair last week- live stingrays and Afican acrobats!
Post a Comment