
Grace and Caleb are playing soccer this fall and this morning was Grace's first game. She missed all of the pre-season practices due to a roster "glitch," so Sam ran drills with the kids last night. He's a first class coach, teaching them how to kick and pass and the basic rules of the game. Grace "scrimmaged" with anyone who would play, including grown-ups. She schooled them all ;) This morning, she was up and dressed by 7:00 in full soccer gear. Breakfast was an imposition. We showed up at the field, finally found the right pink and royal blue clad girls, ran home for chairs, cheered Grace, ran home for water and then it was done! The game was a rousing success, her team winning 4-3. And guess who scored the winning goal...our Gracie!!


Caleb showed McKenna some of the finer points of the game.

Proud (and loud!!)

We celebrated at Dairy Queen. I mean, come on...a goal?!
3 comments:
That is so AWESOME GRACE! I am so proud of you and Caleb for playing soccer ") I wish I would have when I was your age!
I think a blizzard is the perfect way to celebrate the skilled children you have Erin! ")
That's impressive, especially after so little practice. Way to go Gracie!!!
Well, as talented as I believe my children are...I think it was more luck than skill. But, she had fun!
Post a Comment