Thursday, July 17, 2008

Family Reun-ing

For many families, the term "family reunion" causes the eyes to roll and the stomach to turn a little. In my family, we can't wait for it!! There are hours of planning, hours of driving, hours of cooking (and hours of waiting for a bathroom); but all of this affords us hours of fun! This year, our reunion took place in Cache Valley and included a day at the lake (Hyrum Dam) with waverunners...yes, I got on one, I even drove it...fast! Also, a family dance, fun at the park and a trip to the Opera (to see "1776"). Every bit of it was awesome. I love to see my kids surrounded by people who love them. Everywhere they went, someone wanted to give them a hug. What's better than that?
What? McKenna...cheesy?!

Even the cotton candy couldn't keep him awake.

Uncle Matt is under there, somewhere...

McKenna fought like a champ, but finally gave in.


4 comments:

Eric said...

Amazingly Sam shows little strain as he single handedly stops your full throttle attempt to escape on the waverunner. Incidentally, that vest doesn't flatter him, I can totally see his love handles.

Jon said...

Sounds like you guys had a great time!!

Kelli said...

Looks like you had a lot of fun, especially on the waverunners! You look like pros! No wonder you don't groan when you hear the words "family reunion". I wouldn't either if we did fun things like that!

Meagan Zastrow said...

It looks like a lot of fun. And I am totally jealous of your garden, we'll have to have some pointers.