Thursday, July 24, 2008
8 years!!
As of this past Monday (the 21st) at approximately 1:30 pm, we've officially been married 8 years! In some ways it feels like forever and in others it seems like no time at all. Our wedding day was awesome, despite the fact that the photographer was late, Sam was late, my shoes hurt, and it was so darn hot!! After all, the photographer eventually showed up, Sam showed up (whew!), I "borrowed" my sister's shoes and we just ignored the heat (after I got to the temple and found that my makeup hadn't completely melted off.) It truly was a glorious day, we were surrounded by family and friends and the feeling that they were all there just for us was surreal. The ceremony was wonderful, I'm sure, I can't remember much of what was said...I really did try hard to listen, but my thoughts kept interrupting, "I'm getting married! I'm getting married? I'm getting married?!? The rest of our day was perfect, at least for us; Mom still has aching feet and a slight tick, I think. We topped off our celebration with a dance, no stuffy recieving lines for us! I loved every minute of it, and the adventure has continued. I married the best. Sam is patient, kind, very funny, and an extraordinary dad. It hasn't been a picnic every day, but maybe 3 out of 5! ;) I love you so much, sweetheart. Happy Anniversary!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
Happy Anniversary! You guys got married in a "convenient" year--if you ever forget how many years it has been, just think of what year it is and there you go!
We totally planned it that way! :)
Happy belated anniversary! (This is Jessica Speed, found your blog off of Kelli's). Have a great weekend and I'll most likely see you Sunday!
You know after all these 8 years I still feel bad for throwing a bit of a fit about you wearing my shoes "( Sooo I am really really really sorry about that. I am glad you could wear my shoes and be comfortable, I was irrational and a braty teenager. I love you so much Erin and you certainly did choose well! And look at those kids! What a good combonation you two are ") I hope you had a wonderful anniversary!
Congrats on 8 years! It was really fun to see pictures from your wedding day! Happy Anniversary!
Post a Comment