We usually like to plant our garden around Mother's Day, but this year it just didn't work out until this past weekend, Memorial Day. We were extra ambitious and planted our cute little garden plot and a half acre in the empty lot next door. It's not a half acre. I don't even really know what a half acre looks like, but it seems like a lot and when we were clearing out the weeds that started out looking like this:
it felt like a lot. We forced invited our neighbors to help in return for all the zucchini they can eat, fair trade, right? In a matter of a few hours, it was transformed:
The hardest part of Monday was that it started on Friday...the work part, that is. Remember the cute little garden plot? Somehow, it takes hours in the hot sun to make it look this good:
Well, it'll look a lot better in a few weeks when it's all grown up. Take a look at these adorable chives, though. (I'm pretty sure those two word don't appear together very often, but look!)
Yes, I actually thought about listening closely for a "Who" but then I remembered I'm not an elephant named Horton, so it probably would just look silly, and we don't want that.
(This is the other thing that happens when you spend hours in the hot sun, wearing a ball cap. Ohhh, babe, I'm so sorry!)





2 comments:
Did you have to post this?
When it fades in a few...weeks, we'll want to remember this. Really!
Post a Comment