The days have been long and lazy so far. Maybe a little too lazy because I think I caught a whisper of "I'm bored" a few days ago. I stared down the offender til they went outside to play--I can be very intimidating when I want to be. Of course the broom and dustpan I held inches from their nose probably helped. They've found all sorts of things to do. Brooklyn spends most days in her swimsuit, with or without water play. There's been LOTS of jumping on the tramp (and only one trip to the emergency room-no worries, all is well.)
One rainy day last week, Caleb, McKenna and Brooklyn built forts to read in:
Even though I hardly lifted a finger, I patted myself on the back for that one. "Good Mom" day.
And Grace is quite the little photographer. She has been for awhile now, she just sees things differently. She will take pictures of odd objects from odd angles and end up with art. I'll have to dig up the pictures she took of cheerios one morning, they're really cool. Last week, she found some willing models and went into...yes, into a shrub across the street and captured these:
Our cute neighbor and good friend, Audry
We also took a little trip to Cache Valley this last weekend to attend our new little nephew Charlie's blessing. It turned out to be baby central; between the two families there were 6 brand new babies, the oldest was 4 months, and 2 were less than 2 weeks old. There was no shortage of baby-snuggling opportunities, which is really good for me. I need to live vicariously through others at this point. :) I wish, wish, wish we'd gotten a picture of all the little ones, but I guess we were all too busy holding them.
We'd planned to leave Sunday afternoon, but we were having too much fun and postponed our departure to "after dinner." Then the kids came in screaming excitedly that they'd been invited to ride horses...we postponed our departure a little longer. (Driving at midnight is fun, right Sam?)
Thank you, Dallas, for a great summer memory!!



No comments:
Post a Comment