Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Summer!!

I. Love. Summer.  I didn't used to.  In fact, I was looking back through this blog and remembered a time when I joked I needed (extensive) therapy to be prepared to have all the kids home, all the time.  Though it remains a little chaotic, the challenge(s) of the day no longer include a brand new baby, which makes the chaos less...panic inducing.  This year, I was counting down the days along with the kids and making plans for all the fun things I'd like to do with them.  Yes, I made another list, it's sorta my thing right now, I guess.  At the risk of becoming "the list" blog, I'm posting it here, more for our own "family history" than anything else. I want to remember what we aspired to this summer.

2013 Summer Bucket List

ð  Bubble Painting
ð  Visit This Is The Place park
ð  Bubble Snakes
ð  Water balloon baseball
ð  Ice on the tramp
ð  Hot Rocks
ð  Water balloon target practice
ð  Homemade ice cream in baggies
ð  Make a bird feeder
ð  Giant Ice Cubes
ð  Make bouncing bubbles
ð  Marble Races
ð  Frisbee Tic Tac Toe
ð  Microwave Puff Paint
ð  Science Experiments with candy
ð  Have a Read-a-thon
ð  Squirt bottle water fight
ð  Wash the van (or the car)
ð  Write letters (and make cookies) for 
Uncle Matt & Samantha
ð  Write letters to Grandma Great
ð  Nature scavenger hunt
ð  Visit Wheeler Farm
ð  Visit the Living Planet Aquarium
ð  Alphabet Scavenger Hunt
ð  Complete a Secret Act of Kindness
ð  Have a picnic
ð  Put on a play
ð  Make popsicle stick puzzles
ð  Build something with mini marshmallows/toothpicks
ð  Build a giant fort for movie night
ð  Have a neighborhood late night
ð  Watch Fireworks
ð  Make pudding pops
ð  Make homemade ice cream
ð  Make homemade play-doh
ð  Go bowling
ð  See a movie
ð  Do the summer reading club
ð  Put together a puzzle
ð  Plant a garden
ð  Make S’mores
ð  Make a kiddie carwash
ð  Tour Welfare Square
ð  Make your own sidewalk chalk
ð  Tour the chocolate factory
ð  Visit the BYU Museum of Art
ð  Make a homemade sprinkler
ð  Water gun painting
ð  Make fairy houses
ð  Take a nature walk (with the camera)
ð  Make a nature book (use pictures from the walk)
ð  Make an obstacle course in the backyard and have races
ð  Make sock puppets and do a puppet show
ð  Take a picnic lunch to dad
ð  Make taffy
ð  Have a pajama day
ð  Make some scrapbook pages
ð  Make homemade suckers
ð  Visit a farmers market
ð  Soap boat races
ð  Sewing project
ð  Summer sponge bombs
ð  Make cards and send to loved ones
ð  Secret treats for neighbors
ð  Walk to the library
ð  Get shaved ice
ð  Cloud pictures
ð  Star-gazing
ð  Go to a splash pad
ð  Go to a baseball game
ð  Scottish Festival
ð  Art City Parade
ð  Cook a meal on a campfire
ð  Go swimming
ð  Lemonade Stand fundraiser
ð  Date with Mom and Dad


No comments: