Monday, November 10, 2008
5 days and counting...
Still without water. Ok, not completely without water, the hot water heater has been replaced and we can do dishes and laundry now; but an unfortunate side effect of the repair was the complete blockage of the bathtub plumbing, among other things. Saturday was pretty exciting! I discovered the non-working tub and thought it odd, but almost immediately we discovered a drain in Grace and Karlee's room was plugged, filling their room with stagnant, stinky water. We (ok, really Sam) was in the midst of cleaning that up when the downstairs toilet decided to join the party. About that time, friends arrived to watch the BYU football game. AWESOME! Sam cordoned off the "restricted areas" and we waited for the plumber. He came and cleaned out the drain, but of course that didn't fix the tub problem. Our truly wonderful landlord and his sweet dad came over last night, straight from Las Vegas and gave it the old college try, but to no avail. One more attempt this morning yielded the same results, but he still has some ideas, so we still play pioneer. We've trudged across the street twice with different family members to clean up (thank you Wisners!!) but I'm really excited to have our own facilities again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
That is seriously no fun Erin "( I am sorry. Atleast you have good neighbors eh?! ")
Sure love you guys!
What a woman you are! I don't know if I could live like that. Thank goodness for neighbors. :)
So I had a dream last night that we were going to vet school together. Vet??? Don't ask me...
I'm not good at much around the house, but I am pretty darn good at plumbing. I'd offer to help but since you're renting I'll let your landlord square it away...but your family can still use our facilities anytime...except for Sam who is paranoid about our bathroom door not closing properly ;)
That doesn't sound like fun at all.
Oh and when did you get those super cute pictures taken. They look great.
Vet school, huh? That's really funny...I don't really even like animals. Ok, I "like" them, I just hope I never again have to OWN one...or treat one!! :)
Thanks Mindi! Our friends dad is an awesome photographer and took our pictures...for free! He did a great job, we love them. Just wish we could get Costco to print them right.
Post a Comment