What the...? Ya, it's true. Karlee broke her left collar bone today. "Doing what?", you ask. Leaping from the couch? Jumping on the bed? Falling down the stairs? No...tug of war with the light saber...Caleb let go. I knew something was wrong when she didn't "bounce back" like she usually does. She was laying on the couch and kept trying to get up and when she couldn't, she'd mutter to herself,"Nope, it still hurts." I figured we better have it checked out. We had a winner! She should feel pretty good in about a week and the trick will be keeping her "down" long enough to heal. 3-4 weeks...I can do this.

She's a little sore, but still Karlee!!

This is the brace she has to wear for the duration. Lovely, huh?
4 comments:
We can all learn a lesson from this...be the first to let go of the lightsaber.
Thanks to your children now all lightsaber toys will have a new label which will read, "WARNING: Playing tug-of-war with this may result in a fractured clavicle, a new harness, 3-4 weeks of trying to keep your child 'down', and a stressed Mother." You should consider litigation against Hasbro.
oh, poor Karlee. I hope she recovers quickly.
I loved most what she said, "Yep, still hurts." There is no one in the wolrd like Karlee... truly one of a kind! love her & wish her well!
How sad, I hate it when they get hurt.
Post a Comment