Mendon has this sweet celebration every first Saturday in May. This year Uncle Ben was in the court and Mom was the featured speaker so we couldn't miss it! The festivities started with a dance on Friday night...you can see the whole family enjoyed it! There were a few nerves at first, with the loud music and unfamiliar people, but by the end, they were dancing their little hearts out. Caleb even busted out a few break dancing moves on the stage! The May Day court, comprised of all the High School Juniors in town danced their version of a polka...they were quite good actually, but their real talent shined in the hand jive! Karlee watched the courts entrance and exclaimed, "Are these princesses?" We answered in the affirmative (why not?) and she continued... "There's Cinderella! Is that Sleeping Beauty? Where's Belle?"
The next morning we watched the May Day Queen crowned and the little girls dance and braid the May Pole, then headed inside to listen to Mom's FANTASTIC speech! Afterwards it was on to the park. All in all a very successful outing, I'd say, and a fitting welcome for spring!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
Sounds like May Day was a blast this year! I'm sad we had to miss it... Yes, I'm sure all those girls were princesses. I heard there were like 18 couples--are there even enough princesses to cover that many girls? What fun!
It was so much fun! The only problem is that we didn't get to see eachother for that long. I didn't even think of coming to the dance, but it sounds like you all had fun. I remember when I was in the court, the dance was fun, but I didn't have neices and nephews old enough to enjoy it like that. Now if I had, THAT would have made it fantastic!
Pity we weren't invited. Guess you didn't want anyone to meet your trashy neighbors. I would've worn a shirt you know...
Post a Comment