Tuesday, August 31, 2010

More summer fun!!

*Warning, this is the second installment of our summer fun, so if you're one of the 2 or 3 people really interested, scroll down for the first...

The kids set up a carnival one afternoon (I wish I could take credit for the idea and earn the rank of 
"cool Mom" but this was all them.  Here's the fish pond:

Occasionally, we got a little bored and resorted to a "Cheerio circus."
Or "dress up"

Mike and Sarah (brother-in-law and sister-in-law...respectively) had a rockin' party at the end of July-just because-I love those kind of parties!  Many of you know that I am a Shannon Hale fanatic fan (wait, this is relevant) and you may also know that she's a good friend of the Brand family.  
Well, there we were, jumpin' in Spidey
 and thoroughly enjoying our avocado salsa (which I was helping to make here:)
and Red Vines
when who should step through the sliding glass door in all her "pregnant with twins" glory but the girl herself!  Now, since it's very unlikely that she'll ever see this blog, I can admit to you that I was full-on (although temporarily...yes, really) star struck.  Grace had it even worse than I did.  We had to coax her for about 45 minutes before she'd come say hello. 
I have to say, though, Shannon is the most down-to-earth, hi-lar-i-ous girl I've ever met.  I had so much fun talking to her and I hope that she forgives me for being a dork.  In my defense, I was NOT going to ask for a photo op, but Sam took care of that for me, this was the result...
  
see, not a prissy bone in her body!  

1 comment:

Kathy Christensen said...

Pretty jealous about the Shannon Hale meet and greet!