Saturday, February 14, 2009

Caleb's Birthday

I was so eager to post my birthday fun, that I skipped right over Caleb's birthday! Ya, Mom of the Year award, right over here. Our "little" boy turned 6 on Feb. 4th; finally, he's only wearing one size bigger than his age, not two. Caleb made quite an entrance into the world, many of you were there, most of you have heard the story, but our 9 lb 14 oz baby ended up spending just shy of a week in NICU's at both Primary Children's and McKay Dee Hospitals because of a congenital heart problem. He spent his time there giving eating lessons to the preemies around him and causing other parents to stop and stare, and wonder what in the world this brute was doing in the NICU. We were ecstatic to bring him home and although he was tethered to an oxygen tank for a couple more weeks, he thrived and has never, ever looked back. He's still thriving, a head taller than just about anyone else his age, doing very well in Kindergarten and is as sweet a little boy as I could hope for. OH, he has moments. He takes particular delight in teasing his sisters (but seriously, one boy in a houseful of girls, what else is he supposed to do?) This trait seems to be getting more pronounced the older he gets...heaven help us. We are so lucky to have Caleb in our family, he his Daddy's right-hand man. I have a feeling they're going to be pretty close as he grows up. They're already Star Wars fans to the extreme, as you can see from Caleb's choice for a party theme. This was his first party with friends and it was a hit! Grandma, Grandpa and Uncles Dan, Ben and Matt came for the festivities, too and made it a real party! I love this boy so much, I can't believe we were lucky enough to get him in our family! Happy Birthday, Bubba!!











3 comments:

Katie W said...

It looks like a great party! I'm sure Caleb and Jarren would get along--Star Wars is a big thing here too. So...has Caleb caught up (in height) to Grace yet? Jarren's about 3 inches shorter than Kristen and he's by no means the tallest in his class, so it wouldn't surprise me if Caleb's taller than my almost 9 year old!

Meagan Zastrow said...

Happy Birthday Caleb! It looks like it was a great party, I love the cake.

Jessica Speed said...

Awesome cake! Looks like Caleb had a great party.