
This winter will go down in history...my history, at least, as one of the longest ever. The holidays were wonderful, but the deep freeze that followed was just this side of miserable (at times, just that side of miserable.) A month of sickness was finally coming to an end when I fell UP 2 tiny little stairs and did great big damage to my foot. Yep, broken. The month since has been quite an experience. Surgery, no walking, lots of hopping. However, in the midst of all this, spring has quietly begun to make an entrance. The snow is gone; the temperature is is tentatively pleasant; and a few flowers are just beginning to peek through. It has done wonders for my psyche, which I was starting to have grave concerns about. The kids have revelled in being able to play outdoors and it has done wonders for their psyches, too!
All in all, it's felt like coming out of a long stupor. With the sun shining, I can think more clearly and I realized that the winter wasn't all bad! Following are just a few brief posts showing some fun "outtakes" from our life:



No comments:
Post a Comment