Thursday, August 22, 2013

It's over already?!

School started this morning.  I wasn't that happy about it; in fact, it wasn't until I was making lunches with excited chatter in the background, that I looked around and saw 4 incredibly eager kids dressed in their first day best and it made me smile.  I got the tiniest twinge of excitement and realized it was going to be ok that someone else gets to spend all day with my kids and not me.  Let's be honest, by next Monday I will have fully embraced it and will be shooing them out the door, but today I'm not quite ready for summer to be over.  We didn't finish everything on our list, although we're still working on a few remaining activities (since summer isn't, you know, officially over).  We did make quite a dent though!  Here's a few things we were up to:
Build something (amazing) with mini marshmallows and toothpicks.  Check!
Make s'mores. Check!


Payson Scottish Festival. Check!

Make a silly face. Check!


Help Grandpa build a deck...not on the list.  But fun anyway!!

Grandma shared her (awesome) pop up books while Dad helped with the deck.  
They were pretty dang cool.


It'll take another post or two to get through some of the other fun stuff we did.  It was actually a pretty quiet summer...as quiet as it can get with 6 crazy spirited kids. We didn't travel a whole lot or go on a major vacation, but sometimes the summers full of long, lazy days are the best.

No comments: