
Brooklyn Lillie
7 lb 3 oz
20 inches
5/6/09
9:24pm
First, a great big "thank you for your patience" to those who continue to check in. I don't pretend we're all that interesting, but hopefully this was worth the wait. As most of you know, we've had a few "events" in our family recently. It all started with our parade of birthdays in February, then there was Easter, Spring Break, Cinco de Mayo and finally the arrival of our sweet little Brooklyn. This most recent event has really turned us upside down and inside out...and we wouldn't have it any other way! The story isn't too exciting, we'd planned to have her on May 10th-my Grandpa Chamberlain's birthday and Mother's Day, but the hospital decided they didn't want to do any inductions on Mother's Day...the Dr. did offer to tell me how to fake labor, but I'm not that good an actress, so once that was off the table, we (mainly I) decided "the sooner, the better!" So, we moved things up a few days to May 6th. (After the fact, we realized May 7th would have been a much cooler birthday: 5/7/09...5-7-9, get it? Oh well, missed that one.) We arrived at the hospital about 12:30pm...yada, yada, yada...baby at 9:24pm! A bit longer than we expected, but I got familiar with iTunes and finally loaded some music on my iPod-time well spent! Her first night was so quiet, we decided to leave the hospital a day early...her second night wasn't quite as nice, oops. She's an angel, though. We are having so much fun with her, she has quite a fan club here at home and so far hasn't spent too much time out of someone's arms. To say we're thrilled to have her is an understatement!
*Check out the slideshow below for her first days at home...I know it says I posted it before she was even born, but it's just a blogger glitch.



9 comments:
Congratulations, I'm so glad everything went well. I hope she continues to be a good baby and that you get to sleep a little. Well I hope you get to sleep a lot but I'm just not counting on that so I will send you well wishes for at least a little sleep.
The 5-7-9 thing surprised me, seeings how your entire family has a very strange aversion to odd numbers.
Erin, your blog is so cute and your little Brooklyn is beautiful. It was fun to see all those pictures on your slideshow of Caleb when he was little, I need to figure out how to do stuff like that.
They do, huh. Funny, I never really thought about it. I just think it would have been kind of fun, one of those cool little things. Oh well! Thanks for the well wishes. I'm sure I'll sleep again...someday. :)
Jenny, click on the slideshow of Caleb and it'll take you to the website where I made it. It walks you through it, it's pretty slick. It's a fun way to put a bunch of pictures on here without having to scroll through. Good luck!! (Hey thanks for dinner in advance, you're awesome, we're excited!)
She is so cute! I know I say that a lot, so true though ") Saturday I will hold her and love every minute I get!
She is cute. I want to hold her. I miss you guys.
We miss you guys, too!! Thank goodness for Facebook (I NEVER thought I'd say that!) and blogs. I'm excited to see your new blog, I think it's a great idea!!
Congrats Erin! So Happy for you. Glad to see the updates- what a great family you have. Maralee
Congratulations on another beautiful baby. I bet it feels great to be done. We miss all of our friends in Utah and think about you guys often. I'm glad that the labor and delivery went well and that you are all happy.
Post a Comment