
I'm only posting this because I know you've ALL had days just like this...or (*gasp*) worse. It actually started yesterday, McKenna's had a bad cold for a couple of days, complete with fever, cough, constantly runny nose and IRRITABILITY! Yesterday I couldn't do anything while she was awake, she only wanted to be held, which is actually the only reason I don't mind having a sick child once in a while. However, it meant no grocery shopping, no laundry, no cleaning, no going to the bathroom... Because of all of the above we decided to take the kids out to IHOP for dinner, we thought she was doing well enough to get out for a little while; oh, how naive we were. As soon as we were seated and looking over the menu, she threw up. Lovely. It was just all the gunk in her throat, she hasn't had a problem since, but we had to haul 4 disappointed, hungry kids out of the restaurant and back home for chicken nuggets. A fitful night's sleep later, we got up this morning to get everyone off to school. Things were hectic but under control, McKenna was still miserable and requiring 100% attention from Mom or Dad, but at least there were two of us this morning. We'd just make it, I thought. It was the 100th day of school and Sam ran to the store to get a bag of Skittles so Grace could take 100 of something to school (she wanted to take 100 books and collected 88 before I knew what she was doing and encouraged her to think of something else.) I was by myself and handicapped, but Sam wouldn't be long. There was still plenty of time to get it all done, but it was close...then Sam called, he'd forgotten his wallet. He came home, grabbed Grace and headed back to the store, Caleb waited for the carpool and was on his way. 2 down, 1 to go. Karlee was dressed, hair done, just waiting to go to preschool. I wasn't dressed, hair still a mess, but figured I could get her to school without seeing anyone, then Caleb called from his Kindergarten class...he needed a stuffed animal for thier picnic today. ("Caleb, did you have a note for me?" "Oh ya, there's one in my backpack!" *sigh* "Sooooorrry.") So, no way to avoid civilization. Sam arrived back home just in time, Karlee could still make it to school on time and Caleb could get his stuffed animal without humiliation (mine
and his.) Karlee got up to put on her coat and what do you know...she'd had an accident. WHAT?! It was the cherry on top, to be sure. We were out of close calls, she was just plain late. The day has improved some. There were a couple more scheduling conflicts that were inconvenient (Sorry, Kelli!), and Karlee just went through her second pair of pants (what is going on?!) but McKenna doesn't have to be held at this point, I just have to be in sight and with a tissue ready at all times. I most definitely need a nap...yep, still delusional.
5 comments:
Sorry you are having a rough day. As I looked at the picture of McKenna, it was very familiar since that is the look Savannah had all day yesterday. Good luck and thank goodness it is the weekend!!
"When it rains it pours," at least that's what it always seems for me. By the way, we love the Yukon and we got it for really cheap because no one is buying big cars anymore. It fits 8 with room for luggage for all. I hate car shopping too so I'm really glad that we found this within the first hour. Good luck shopping and I hope everyone feels better soon.
Amen to the weekend!! We'll enjoy it for sure. I'm glad to hear big cars are cheap, Meagan...since big families aren't!! We'll let you know what we find, it'll be very exciting, I'm sure!
Man Erin I am sorry about those last couple days "_ phew! I hope Kenna gets feeling better, Karlee remembers to use the potty and your other two don't forget to tell you about school. I haven't had that hectic of a day... so far but I only have one child at the moment so we shall see in the years to come. And I will know just who to call! Love you!
Post a Comment